Saturday, June 19, 2010

not 250 - Toy Story 3


In previous years, I had probably seen about twenty or thirty movies in the theater by June. Although with my project this year, I've seen maybe ten. Last night was one of the ten that had been on my calender since I heard it was being made. Without getting into the details of what the film is about, let me say that Toy Story 3 is brilliant. It stands as the perfect goodbye to characters we have grown to love and appreciate, almost as much as the actors who provide their voices. With the addition of Toy Story 3, Pixar has assembled one of the greatest trilogies in film history. The final scene of this film completely surpasses any moment of the previous two, and will be sure to leave even the coldest heart in tears. If for some odd reason you have never seen any of the Toy Story films, I suggest you see them first so that you can appreciate the final chapter for the brilliant piece of cinema that it is. I am greatly anticipating Toy Story 3's home entertainment release so that I can have a marathon of all three films. A crowning achievement in animation and film. I could not recommend a film of it's kind higher. 10/10. 10/10. 10/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment